Here at Atzenhoffer Mitsubishi, we’re proud to serve Victoria, Texas, and the surrounding area. Since 1926, the Atzenhoffer family of dealerships has helped customers in the area find the perfect vehicle. Once you get behind the wheel of your Mitsubishi, you’ll want to check out the beauty of Victoria.
Victoria, Texas is known as “The Crossroads” of Texas because of its convenient location just two hours away from Corpus Christi, Houston, San Antonio, and Austin. Currently, Victoria has a population of about 67,000 residents.
Victoria, at the time known as Guadalupe Victoria, was founded in 1824 by Martin De Leon. He named the city “Guadalupe Victoria” in order to honor the first president of the Republic of Mexico.
Guadalupe Victoria had an important hand in the Texas Revolution, with local soldiers fighting for the revolutionary side.
After Anglo settlers took over the area, the city’s name was shortened to “Victoria” and it began experiencing a population boom in the early 20th century. Since then, the city has continued to grow and has become the “Victoria” it is today.
After you pick out your dream vehicle from Atzenhoffer Mitsubishi, go check out some of Victoria’s local activities.
Riverside Park is home to 660 acres of woodland, and has something for everyone! Visitors can walk along the river, set up a barbecue at one of the picnic areas, walk through beautiful gardens, and go biking.
1892 Victoria County Courthouse
The architecture of the old courthouse is striking and unique, and is so iconic that it was saved from destruction in the 1960s. It’s not only beautiful from the outside, but from the inside, too, where you can learn about its architectural history.
The Texas Zoo
The Texas Zoo is actually contained within Riverside Park, and is home to beautiful wildlife as well as animal education classes and special events throughout the year. There’s a petting zoo for the little ones as well as black bear encounters where you get to learn about the species and feed them.
Here at Atzenhoffer Mitsubishi, we are proud to call Victoria, Texas our home.
Attractions Near Victoria
Texas goes big on everything, and that includes fun. When all the kids are home and restless, you need a way to keep them occupied. If you are looking for some good, family-friendly attractions near Victoria, we have five great suggestions.
- Outlaw Pass. This is the best place to go for tons of family fun. Outlaw Pass has a wide range of activities to choose from for a variety of ages. This includes a train, go karts, mini golf, and an arcade.
- The Texas Zoo. Are there any kids who don’t enjoy going to the zoo? The Texas Zoo has a variety of animals from all over the world. The mission of the zoo is to protect these animals and teach visitors how they can help.
- Children’s Discovery Museum. Let you kids explore and have fun at this fantastic hands-on museum. It is geared towards children ages 12 and under. They have a variety of exhibits including a painting area, a large playroom with big building blocks, and a room for special exhibits that changes every few months.
- Hang time Trampoline Park. If the weather is too hot outside or it is pouring down rain, this is the perfect place to let the kids burn off some energy. They can jump and flip to the heart’s content. They also have special game areas where you can play bounce basketball, dodge ball, and volleyball.
- Lone Tree Creek Splashpad. What better way to spend a Texas summer day than by playing in the water? The splash pad is located at the Lone Tree Creek Park. It is always free and open to the public so you can have fun without spending any money. Pack a picnic lunch and you can spend the whole day at the park.
3211 North Navarro St.
Monday8:00am - 7:00pm
Tuesday8:00am - 7:00pm
Wednesday8:00am - 7:00pm
Thursday8:00am - 7:00pm
Friday8:00am - 7:00pm
Saturday9:00am - 5:00pm
3211 North Navarro St.
Victoria, TX 77901
Phone: (361) 524-2578
Fax: (361) 570-1791
- + Disclaimers